I always have a stash of Green Goddess in the fridge. It’s a terrific, all-purpose summer (and really, anytime) condiment:- a salad dressing with cherry tomatoes, romaine and cucumbers
- a sauce for grilled salmon.
- A sauce for grilled steak
- With corn cakes, cherry tomatoes and soft shell crabs.
- A dressing for pasta salad with lobster and corn.- A dip for crudités
- Instead of ketchup for hamburgers
- A dressing for Cobb salad with bacon, avocadoes, grilled chicken and lettuce.
- A spread for smoked salmon canapés.Now that my garden is in full force, I have plenty of parsley, tarragon and scallions. If I had lettuces, I would add arugula or spinach, too.
Dreamy Green Goddess
1 tbs. capers
1 cup spinach or arugula, washed and picked over
2 bunches scallions, washed, slice green only in 1/2 inch lengths
1 bunch flat parsley, washed, leaves picked from the stem
1 bunch tarragon leaves picked from the stem
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbs. white wine vinegar
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1. Puree capers, spinach, scallions, herbs, and sour cream in a food processor
2. Fold in mayonnaise, and season with vinegar, salt and pepper