Psychgrad at Equal Opportunity Kitchen gave me my first blogging award! This is quite an honor for two reasons:
1. As you know, I just started blogging a few months ago. I've enjoyed the practice of writing on a regular basis and forcing myself to try new recipes and think about food in a different way. It's flattering to know that others are enjoying my blog as well!
2. The award comes from Psychgrad, quite an accomplished food-blogger. She and her mother co-write their "living cookbook with colour commentary." I started reading their blog soon after I started my own. I've enjoyed reading about their culinary adventures, especially their perspecitve on Jewish holidays and food. I'm always inspired by their recipes, and they help get me out of my own cooking rut.
If you were in Cambridge, I would make you a thank you present:
8 oz. semi sweet chocolate
6 oz. soft butter
2 tbs. instant espresso, dissolved in 1 tbs. boiling water
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt.
1. Melt chocolate and butter together. Mix in espresso, vanilla and sugar.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated.
3. Mix in flour and salt.
4. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes in a 9” x 13” pan.
5. Remove brownies from pan and let cool. Spread cream cheese frosting on top, and let cool in the refrigerator.
6. Pour chocolate glaze ontop of frosting. Let set. Cut into bite sizes pieces.
These freeze well so you can eat just a few at a time and save the rest for later.
8 oz. cream cheese
6 tbs. soft butter
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix everything together
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate
2 tbs. butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tbs. instant espresso dissolved in 1 tbs. boiling water
1. Melt everything together in the top of a double boiler.