When Four Burgers opened in Central Square last summer, they featured... you guessed it.... four burgers: beef, turkey, salmon and veggie. They had always intended for a feature fifth, seasonal burger. But with the hecticness of starting a new business, they had to delay that... until now!
Finally, with a little help from Julia Shanks Food Consulting , they have added that fifth burger to the menu.
and Green Bean Slaw
Perhaps, I'm a little bias, but it's a great burger. Fresh herbs season the tuna. Can you see they cooked it beautifully to medium rare? It's topped with an olive tapenade and slow roasted tomatoes. The slaw on the side pulls in the green beans typical with a nicoise salad.
You can visit Four Burgers at 704 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA.
They are also taking requests for other burger specials. Leave a comment here, or email: email@example.com
For those of you who don't live in the Cambridge area, you can make your own tuna burger at home:
2 pounds fresh tuna, finely chopped
2 scallions, cut into rounds
1 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup pitted nicoise olives
1 anchovy filet
1 teaspoon capers
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive
Green Bean Slaw
1/4 pound haricot verts or green beans
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
1 teaspoon capers, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
6 buns, toasted
6 slices tomatoes
1. Gently mix the tuna with remaining burger ingredients. Divide into 6 portions and form into patties, about 1 inch thick. Set aside.
2. Put tapenade ingredients in a food processor and blend until coarsely chopped.
3. Combine all ingredients for the slaw. Set aside.
4. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Sear tuna on one side for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Cook on second side for 3 more minutes.
5. Serve burgers on a toasted bun with a smear of tapenade and a slice of tomato. Garnish the plate with the slaw.